Saturday 9 October 2010

Fonts

I have been searching through the Internet to research what type of fonts are most popular when constructing a newspaper so that I have more of an idea of what fonts to use for my own newspaper for it to look interesting and effective without it looking too similar to every other newspaper.


From my research I found that the top 10 fonts used in newspapers are:


Poynter Series

Times

Franklin Gothic

Century Old Style

Interstate

Nimrod

Miller

Utopia

Helvetica

Bureau Grotesque











I think that the more rounded and bold fonts would be most successful and interesting for my target audience as they are more modern and effective than the traditional fonts for a student newspaper. I will ask my target audience questions on what fonts they prefer and think is most interesting so that I can create a newspaper that is going to completely attract their attention to want to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment